City Secretary

Major functions in the City Secretary's office are preserving the records and documents of the City Council, as well as:

  • Acting as Records Management Officer for all City records
  • Budgeting
  • Fulfilling Public Information Requests
  • Holding Elections
  • Managing the office
  • Meeting all of the legal requirements for posting agendas
  • Preparation of proclamations and certificates
  • Publishing legal notices

Contact our office to arrange any ceremonial or official functions involving the Mayor and/or members of the Council.

Liquor Licenses

TABC 2021 CHANGES: The TABC made changes to license types, fees and technology starting on September 1, 2021.  If your business currently holds a license or permit, or if you plan to apply for one this year, please visit the TABC's website at

The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) is the state agency that regulates all phases of the alcoholic beverage industry in Texas. The duties of the commission include regulating sales, taxation, importation, manufacturing, transporting, and advertising of alcoholic beverages.

All establishments which manufacture, sell, purchase, transport, store, and distribute alcoholic beverages in the City of Rosenberg must be licensed with the TABC. More information can be found on the TABC's website.

The City of Rosenberg also requires a City permit for these types of businesses that operate in the city limits. City permits are valid for one year from the date of issue. For a cost breakdown, please see our Schedule of Fees. For additional information or questions, contact the City Secretary's office.

Conflict of Interest Forms

Per Texas Local Government Code Sec. 176.009, Conflict of Interest affidavits must be accessible on the City's website.