2022 General Election
The next General Election will be on Saturday, May 7, 2022, at Rosenberg City Hall Council Chambers, located at 2110 4th Street, Rosenberg, Texas 77471. Filing for a place on the ballot is set by state statute and will run from January 19, 2022 to February 18, 2022. Find additional election-related dates and information at Texas Secretary of State - Candidate Information (posted in accordance with Tx. Legis. H.B. 305, effective September 1, 2019).
Filing requirements are per state statute, available at Texas Secretary of State - Running for a Local Office, and those of the City of Rosenberg Charter, Article III.
Positions on the ballot for the May 2022 election are:
- Councilor At Large-Position 1
- Councilor At Large-Position 2
- Councilor, District 1
- Councilor, District 2
- Councilor, District 3
- Councilor, District 4
These positions will serve a two-year term. For district maps, please visit https://www.rosenbergtx.gov/393/Election-Maps.
Polling locations, dates and times will be available in early 2022.
Sample ballots will be available in early 2022.
Filing Method of Candidate Application. A candidate application may be filed in person, by mail, by fax, or by email.
- Filing in Person: City Secretary's Office 2110 4th Street Rosenberg, TX 77471
- Filing by Mail: An application submitted by mail is considered to be filfed at the time of its receipt by the appropriate filing authority. (Sections 143.007(b); 144.005(b)). Please be advised that an application must be notarized prior to filing via mail. The mailing address is: 2110 4th Street Attn: City Secretary Rosenberg, TX 77471
- Filing by Fax or Email: A signed, sworn, scanned candidate application (and petition, if applicable) may be submitted by fax or email. Please be advised that an application must be notarized prior to filing via fax (832-595-3333) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>