Lamar Consolidated Independent School District (LCISD)
Rosenberg is served by one public school district, LCISD. LCISD ranks 7th on the state's fastest-growing school district list as it approaches 43,000 students districtwide. The district received an "A" rating for exemplary performance in the 2021-2022 School Year by the Accountability Rankings from the Texas Education Agency.
- Enrollment for LCISD (2021 to 2022): 42,498
- Total Campuses: 51
- Student/Teacher Ratio: 16 to 1
- One Class 4A, four Class 5A, and one Class 6A High Schools
- The District "Met Standard" (Highest Possible Academic Rating)
For detailed information on LCISD schools, visit LCISD.
Rosenberg is proud to house the Texas State Technical College Fort Bend County Campus. In the fall of 2016, Texas State Technical College opened a 100,000 square foot building on an 84-acre campus in Rosenberg, the first of a projected seven buildings, equipped with state-of-the-art training equipment in everything from diesel mechanics and welding to advanced manufacturing and robotics.
In partnership with Wharton County Junior College (WCJC), Texas State Technical College (TSTC) provides technical instruction and WCJC provides academic instruction. With tremendous support from the local community leaders to help fill the skills gaps and train local workers in the Greater Houston area, TSTC offers programs in Fort Bend County including Industrial Systems Technology, Cyber Security, and Welding Technology.
Area Colleges & Universities
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston Baptist University
- Houston Community College
- Prairie View Agricultural and Mechanical (A&M)
- Rice University
- South Texas College of Law
- Texas Southern University
- Texas State Technical College
- University of Houston (UH) Downtown
- UH Sugar Land
- University of Houston
- University of St. Thomas
- University of Texas (UT) Health Science Center
- Wharton County Junior College