Welcome to Rosenberg, a proud community full of rich history located just 30 minutes from downtown Houston! This section of the site is intended to help act as a guide to resources about the many exciting things to see and do during your visit including:
Whether you are planning to spend the day, a week, or a lifetime here, you have come to a community proud of its rich history dating back to 1883 when the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway laid out a town site and named it after the company’s president, Henry Rosenberg. Rosenberg began as a shipping point on the Brazos River, and reached a boom in the late-18 and early 1900s as Railroads developed. It grew to become a center of commerce in the 1940s and 50s, and was knows as the “Hub of the Gulf Coast.” Today, Rosenberg is experiencing unprecedented growth in commercial and residential development while holding tight to its roots and charm.
Rosenberg’s Historic Downtown offers a unique experience. The Historic Downtown has something to suit your tastes, whether you’re interested in:
- Cultural Arts
- Visual Art
Historic Downtown Rosenberg is the first and only state-designated Cultural District in Fort Bend County, and home to a burgeoning cultural arts scene. A collaboration of business owners, artists, and community leaders have converged to help make Rosenberg the center of arts activities for Fort Bend County and beyond. Please visit the Discover Downtown Rosenberg Facebook Page for more information on our exciting historic downtown.
A variety of individuals call downtown Rosenberg home:
- Arts Enthusiasts
- Classically Trained Chefs
With three restaurants, a wine bar, two active theaters, a museum, and art of all types on display throughout the district, the richness and depth of offerings is hard to beat! Visit the Discover Downtown Rosenberg Facebook Page to learn more about cultural arts and events in Historic Downtown.
Things To Do
- Discover the wonderful railroad history on exhibit at the Rosenberg Railroad Museum or step back in time to the early days of cowboys at the Black Cowboy Museum.
- Enjoy an eclectic shopping experience in buildings from the 1890s restored to their original grandeur in Historic Downtown Rosenberg or visit Brazos Town Center - 100 acres of retail with high-end multi-family units, single-family homes, and a medical/professional office park – all interconnected with parks, trail systems, lakes and fountains.
- Have a delicious meal at one of the hundreds of restaurants in town!
- Take in a theater performance at CAST Theatrical Company, an art show at the Fort Bend Art Center, or shop for unique antiques in downtown Rosenberg.
- Take a hike - literally - in one of our many parks - including our award-winning Seabourne Creek Nature Park.
With so many exciting things to do, make sure to spend the day or a weekend exploring the history of Rosenberg, Texas!