Citizen Police Academy
Chief Jonathan White and the Rosenberg Police Department would like to invite all citizens of Fort Bend County to attend the annual Rosenberg Police Citizen Police Academy.
The purpose of the Citizen Police Academy is to provide the public with a better understanding of the daily operations of the Rosenberg Police Department through educational sessions covering different aspects of law enforcement. The Rosenberg Police Citizen Police Academy is an eight week program, including a graduation ceremony on the final week. Classes are held every Thursday evening from 7 pm until 9 pm. After completion of the academy, you will have a better understanding of how emergency calls are received and dispatched, how Detectives investigate crimes, how Crime Scene Technicians collect and analyze evidence and more. Apply online and join the approximately 450 plus citizens who have graduated from the Rosenberg Citizen Police Academy.
Each week, you will be exposed to the various divisions and specialized units at the Rosenberg Police Department. Topics may include:
- Patrol Procedures
- Accident Investigations
- 911 Communications
- Criminal Investigations
- Crime Scene Investigations
- Internal Affairs
- Unmanned Aircraft Unit
Note: As a result of the Covid 19 pandemic, the 2020 CPA ended abruptly. Due to those circumstances, a number of seats have been reserved for those who will resume their attendance. The 2021 application process will be open to 10 additional applicants based on a first come first serve basis.
Thank you for you interest in the CPA. Unfortunately the application process is now closed.
- What is the purpose of conducting the Citizen Police Academy?
- Will I receive any type of police certification from this academy?
- Where did the concept originate?
- What was the Rosenberg Police Department’s incentive for starting the Citizen Police Academy?
- Where does the class meet?
- Who attends the Citizen Police Academy?
- How do you apply?
- What would disqualify me from being accepted into the Citizens Police Academy?
- When are the classes?
- How many classes can I miss before disqualification?